Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Truth: So far I actually probably enjoyed high school more than college...

On My Impending Graduation
I am finishing the book we're required to read.
A long, epic novel filled with plots and story lines,

Foils and doppelgangers, heroes and villians.
It's a comedy, a farce, a tragedy, and romance.
It is a serious satire and pretentiously poignant parody.
The protagonist and antagonist are one and the same,
United by the fact that neither exist as concrete characters.
The story is never, but ever, the same as before.
First written years and years ago,
It is continuously republished and revised for the next generation.
I've found my reading of this gaudy saga to be satisfactory,
But I'm glad it is wrapping up at last. 
As with all great works the very last chapter held the most intrigue.
Both the best and the worst all wrapped in to one.
A broken home so sudden, and the boy got the girl in the end.


Not everyone goes on to the sequel, but I am.
I've got hopes that it will be just as good as its predecessor,
Dare I say, even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment