Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Alternate title: Ice Queens and Pretentious Boys and Girls Read About Them

"I Say Pretentious, You Say Honest"
I quietly pushed all formalities aside and whispered 
"This is over."
I looked down and smiled.
I evalute my loss and the decisions I have made
And my mind is far from clear, but you make me love today.

Today, I'm feeling rather strong.
I'm laughing in the face of all fear and past mistakes.
I'm stading here, today, daring you to take your place
Right beside me.

Statements made.
Intentions traced.
Feelings placed,
Won't come back.

...It's coming back.
Like a shot to the head
Or a kick to the chest.
But for the best?
I'll plead the fifth,
And carry on.
But moving on...

She can play the bitch, she can sink this ship.
I'll look on with regret, but I'll soon forget.
I'll keep my head held high, departing from her lies.
Become a different boy; wouldn't you enjoy
Seeing how I change seeing how I change seeing how I change.

I evaluate my loss and the decisions I have made
And my mind is far from clear, but you make me love, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment