Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This piece is a response written about a year after "A Meditation Upon Winter in the Month of August"

The Argument Against Meditating Upon Winter
I know that it's there
Hiding just below the suface.
I know that it's worth it

To dive in and relcaim it.
Lost, cold, and alone

And altogether uncertain,
No longer a familiar fiend
Or the beast of my burden,
Hello, old friend.


With a pencil and paper I have shaped a young man.
From heartache to laughter,
From rock foundation to sand
And back again.
I have sent off love letters 

And written beautiful songs.
I've tried to stay honest
While writing my wrongs.
And somehow, I always get by.


I'm awake and I'm ready to tackle the summer. Shades of green and skies of blue and broken hearts made whole and all love made new.  With every day holding opportunities and opportunities leading progress,
the heart that said  "never" is now leading a protest in opposition to the word.  Can't you see the colors in the sunset? Can't you hear the birds?  This is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment