Wednesday, March 7, 2012

heartbreaking, true

An October Earth, Keeping Hell at Bay 
We don't always understand the actions of the other.
All you know how to do is take care.
All I know is how to be taken care of.
It's time for me to learn to take care of someone else;
Time for you to take care of yourself for once.

Perhaps we always knew this was the outcome.
Perhaps we always knew this was how it would turn out.

What happens when a realist and a romantic fall in love?
You're smothered, I'm heartbroken but still alive, both.
What happens when two realists fall in love?
Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke,
One that you are living.

I'm running around in a fatalist's mess,
And you're running around to the tune
Of needing things to make sense.
We are both running around and around,
In patterns that I can't help but think resemble
The outer circles of hell. 

But, the glint of sunshine comes with the rain.
I'm told that there's no water in hell.
So this wet October weather
That we are presently enduring
Is a glorious sign, promising the possibility of better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment