Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I had the need to show I understood.

The Struggle Vicarious
She surely didn't hold perfection;
There were highs, but there were lows.
(Spiritual break throughs, black moods, and shades of grey)
Now as she says her slow goodbyes,
This anxiousness gives way to sinking...

This is a massive opening,
So fall right in.

Through the red doors. Down a hall. Up some stairs.
Getting lost in the place where you are supposed to be found.
The intruder leads you, but he's no stranger.
The intruder feeds you, but you grow no stronger.

He whispers--
I will make you yell and scream.
I will make you forget to breathe.
I will make you want to bleed.
I will make you, then I will break you.
Now, take your place.
Read the words and sing the songs.
Smile for them and follow, just follow along...

Follow along until you feel--
Feel the beginnings of something real.
Write and dance, let the artist out.
Let flow out of you what needs to flow out...
Just words and sweat.
All the while reclaiming beauty.

Nothing in this world is easy.
Not holding on, not letting go.
Not love, not hate.
Not staying put, not walking away.

We just choose what's worth fighting for.
Who's worth killing for,
And who's worth dying for.
We just choose what's worth fighting for.

What's worth fighting for?
Nothing is easy.
Reclaim beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment