Wednesday, March 7, 2012

six AM is the new midnight

don't call me;
don't call me baby.
no, don't call me babe.
don't call me anything at all.

sick and sad and lonely and kind of afraid.
i'm sick and sad and lonely; it's just one of those days.
sick and sad and lonely and i thought I was done.
sick and sad and lonely... 
i thought i was...
i was wrong.

from idealistic romantic to fatalistic realist.
my philosophy is post-transcendental and pre-making sense.

when i thought i had the world at my feet
it turned out i was at the foot of the world.
i was certain;
now uncertainty asserts itself and i'm not so sure anymore.
i was dancing through life and then i remembered--
i don't even know how to dance.

now's your chance.
"i told you so. i told you."
that's just how the story goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment