Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I view this piece and "I Say Pretentious, You Say Honest" as a sort of duology.

nineteen months
You've shown me more interest, past lover, my friend,
Than she has since...hold on, hold on now...when?
I'm feeling quite greatful, believe me, I am.
But I'm recalling past moments and my memory's a dam
That is breaking.

I've lost and I've gained and I've lost once again.
I make a new resolution, today.
No false hopes or promises.
Just out of this longing, my plea--

Not the body of lust, but the heart of love, I sing.
Embrace without touch and a kiss using only the eyes.
A change in my plan,
Not woman, or man-
A boy and a girl and their song.

All of my words and each sentiment here,
I'm giving them over to you.
Every note ever sung, every heart that's known love,
I draw inspiration thereof.

Day springs from night, darkness to light,
And illuminates the path under our feet.
A shout turns to silence.
Silence to wonder.
And from wonder we grasp for meaning.

The meaning of this relies on your wish,
A head and a heart and a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment