Wednesday, March 7, 2012

more machine than human being

Romeo Caulfield (Mistaking Roseline for Juliet [With a Save the World Complex Lacking Direction])


you've got me all figured out, don't you?
you know who i am
what i want
what i have become in these months.

i'll tell you a secret--
i haven't the slightest clue.
so if it's with you 
that this information lies
could you share it,
could you open my eyes?
maybe let me in on the facts of my life?
you know that...
that would be nice.

i'm a scared little boy,
some would call me a man.
all i have to say is that 
some would be wrong.
it's astounding how wrong
some can be.

so tell me.
you know me.
just tell me.
what is the meaning of me?

sad stories from girls of boys whom they "know".
oh, they know, they know, they know...
oh, what the fuck do they know? 
they know just as much as i do,
and so much less than you.
don't base your views on their ideas,
misinformed and disillusioned. 
don't base your ideas on their views,
so crowded and so confused.
misinformation spread by my silly tongue, forced passed my treacherous lips.
false leads, blurry hearts, and countless emotional and ideological slips.

i've become more machine than human being,
and the only apologies that i have are for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment