Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This piece has a very Chiodos "All's Well that Ends Well" feel to me.

A Meditation Upon Winter in the Month of August
To acknowledge and scorn the earthly desire,

I take this burden upon my shoulders...
This beast of sorrow.

The frost covered memory of a love long past,
Holding an icicle that will lodge in my heart
To perpetually remain-
Frozen and blue.
My blood and the memory of you.
All blue.

Around me the leaves and the flowers begin to change,
Bringing new, pretty things.
And summer time trysts and rendezvous-
And my heart's refusal to melt.
My blood and the memory of you.
All blue.

The subltety of the difference between a cool spring morning and the
light of a fading autumn day challenges me, makes it's plea.
"Save us! Set us free!" Gather up the fallen leaves and savor the beauty that
lies in every drop of dew.  It screams out for me to forget my blood,
and the memory of you.  Forget my frozen heart and the eternal,
infernal blue. It screams out for me to forget...
The seasons plotting my demise,
And all of my secrets and all of my fears...
Whispered, carried by the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment