Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sometimes, silence is an apt reply

Unspoken
Do you know the days that are too long from the

Moment you open your eyes in the morning?
The days when getting out of bed and getting
Dressed feels like an accomplishment?

I have those days all the time.

I'm not sure where to go from there.
I don't have any magic advice
Or a "You only get out of life what you put in"
Message to impart.
I just need to know whether I am the only one who feels like this.

Every day.
Every single day I have doubts.
And I have questions that seem to have no answers.
So after a while I stopped voicing my doubts.
I stopped asking questions when I knew the
Response would be silence.

But what--
If you'll recall, I opened with a question...
And yes, your response was silence.
But...that silence said something, didn't it?

Either in your head or in your heart
There was a pull and you thought
"I guess I'm not alone."
I guess you're not.
And...neither am I.

Thank you for your silence.
It spoke volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment