Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This was written in the evening of the day when I wrote "The Writer, The Poet" in the morning. This one was written...in the floor lobby on my floor in Rhoads Hall

The Poet, The Writer
Card games until the early morning hours
Running high hopes through the roof
Giving up on giving up and refusing to lose


Doing everything last minute and doing it right
Struggling with negativity and winning
Getting from place to place, smile in place on my face


World in front of me and regret non-existent
Moving forward with those that I love
Growing more by the day in a direction related to contentedness


You're in a new stage and
Love is not all there is.
You've got to see that.
You do see that, don't you?

I do love you, though.
I do.
You do know that, don't you?


There is a sadness in endings,
Though we can smile through tears.
Things have changed and will change,
But if you'll listen...



I love you.
I want you in my life.
No one said over, just different.
We are still we, and will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment