Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lovers & Lexicons

The Optimist's Suicide Note 
I love you from the mountains,
I love you from the sea.
I love you full volume,
and I love you the smell of change.

For yesterday, tomorrow, today
I love you never in that order.
For today, yesterday, tomorrow I love you
Forever beyond always.

But  words shrivel and dry.
My 'love' must travel many miles,
Full dust and wind on face.
My 'love' must penetrate your 'over'
A thousand times a day.

But  'love' finds 'over' amusing.
It kind of laughs and shakes its head.
'love' knows  'over' is a product
Of a lexicon long dead.

Passion, promise, and pretense
are so far removed from what was ever meant.
Save my passion,
Withhold my promise,
and damn any and all pretense.

Move in and out and up and down,
But mostly move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment