Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This is one of my personal favorites. It encapsulates my Warped experience PERFECTLY.

Kevin Says: I Fight Dragons/ Ending With Gallows


Where is the starting point?
I am a circle, and confusion knows my name.

Span the space from stage to stage.
We are the masses, kids of the age
And I, I’m a kid for the ages.

The push and pull of bodies.
A kick to the head with the best intentions.
The push and pull of bodies.
I took a kick to the head and I smiled, I smiled.

Traveling down the interstate in silky darkness,
With a sense of satisfaction and bodies left to feel the toil of the day.
We sit down to a meal, a cup of coffee and some conversation
Glad that it’s over.
Asking why it couldn’t go on forever…

Discussion of the best and discussion of the worst,
The worst was the best, in one sense of the word.
I forgot to mention the one in the blue checkered shirt,
The worst was the best and the best was the worst.
“What’s your last name?” I probably should have asked,
But I only got the first.

It was a day to remember, and I am drenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment