Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I see this as a sister poem to "I Love You. The End" Just because of Cupid being a part of both, I suppose.

St. Valentine's Day Eve
Cupid told me his secret.
He dips his arrows in poison and 
Shoots just to the left or the right of the heart.
That way you aren't going to kill them,
They're only left wishing you had.
"So, is that what you did to my mom and my dad?"
He said Yes.
I said "Oh."
We walked along,
We shared a smoke.
I said "Cupid, could you tell me one thing?"
He said I don't know much about life or love that you won't learn in the movies but go on ahead.
I said "Romance. Is it dead?"
He looked at me and smiled.
He turned his head and sighed.
When he finally met my stare it was with a painful longing in his eyes.
He said Romance? I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
I exhaled slowly and calmly said "Thank you, that tells me all that I need."
Before we parted he turned to me and he said Boy, you better take some of these.
He handed me a few of his arrows.
He said Do with them as you please. 
I shook his hand and he hugged me tight.
He said You take care
And I said "Alright."
I went home and clutching my arrows I went to sleep.
When I woke up it was in a lover's dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment