Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This poem is about Madeline and Aislinn and Me.

Shades and Colors, Time and Space
As all the heavenly bodies do their celestial things,
I'm down here just spinning and spinning away.
The sun said goodbye with a kiss,
And the moon said hello from a distance.

Darkness sings a beautiful song in longing for the light.
Stars conspire to overthrow the clouds,
And the clouds all agree to drown out the stars.

When the sun went away for good,
The moon did shine brighter than ever before,
Enraged and in love all at once.

The day and the night, they are
the most star-crossed
and rain-laiden lovers.

Dusk and dawn only wish to hold hands,
and the mid-morning dreams of embracing the afternoon.
I'm made up of minutes and hours and days,
Damned by each second but saved as time fades away.

Starlight, oh starbright, every star I see tonight,
I wish I may I wish I might, be granted just the gift of flight.
Up past the clouds and forgetting the stars, kissing the moon, and head-long 
Into the sun.  Burning and turning from everything thing, the hopes and the dreams,
And the passionate screams.  I'd melt into nothing and become everything.
I'd drop all my plans, relinquish the past, and just
sing.

I am surrounded by clouds.
And I defy the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment