Tuesday, March 6, 2012

another piece without a title.

I wish upon every 11:11 I spy,
And every yellow light I pass underneath.
I'm not superstitious,
But in the off chance that I'm wrong
I'd like all my bases to be covered.
Each possibility however slim, accounted for.

I pray at each laugh, thankful for the good times,
and I pray when tears fall for persistence and hope.
I'm not sure about God or any of that,
But I find it likely that some one is listening,
And they ought to know that I'm glad to exist.
It wasn't a wasted effort, I'm doing my part, participating.

I smile at strangers I pass on the street,
and give change if I'm asked to spare it.
We all need reminded sometimes that others care,
sometimes, at the very least.
Maybe if I do what I can to do what I can,
Someone will return the favor, sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment