Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Did I mention that I had it BAD?

Winter: The First and the Last
Here we are at the tail end (tale end)
of January.
You know,
The winter season is such a fitting metaphor for who we've been.
Borne through ice and snow,
A year begins and ends.


From tentatively held hands on front steps,
On through kisses, passionate, on the living room floor,
To lying in the park, on the ground,
Ending in a broken embrace on a twin bed.
February to December.
My heart, encapcilated in a stanza.
My love may always remain frozen in the winter season.


Shimmer the diamonds, the beautiful snow.
Strewn across the ground as if it were worthless-
As worthless as my words.
Though beautiful and harmless in the scope of our existence,
It holds the wisdom of life and love gone by.
Ebbing and flowing,
Each crystaline flake,
Spinning and glowing,
And falling into place beneath our feet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment