Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Good Fear

Cliff Jumping: Of Love and Fear
Have I lied?
Not to you; I'd never do that.
Have I lied? To myself?
Have I tricked my mind?
I'm saying jump and you're saying jump
And they're saying jump,
But in the end are you all coaxing me off a cliff
That I have some how convinced myself is something less?

Shouldn't the end of one dream give birth to another?
I thought my devastation was a catalyst for brighter days.
Can we dance and move and live our lives 'round each other?
I'm uncertain and unassured but seeking alternate ways...
I'm afraid.

I'm afraid in the same way I'm afraid of that cliff,
Off of which everyone wants me to jump.
Possibly because the two are the same.
The jumping right off-- jumping right in.
It's not certain death but uncertain beginnings
That wrap my mind in this terror.

I never truly understood "the fear of God".
The good fear.
The fear that makes you shake to the very core.
Some call it love.
The very idea terrifies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment