Wednesday, March 7, 2012

this one is going to be a song!

Laundry and Love Notes
don't you know you were my favorite?
are not were, now pardon me.
let's go out on the town,
see a show, grab a bite to eat.

i'm sitting here in an empty house
my mind has turned itself inside out
the floor is laid out with clothes and paper,
laundry and love notes left incomplete. 

ages ago and a long time from now
we saw things we are bound to see.
but follow my lead, bare your heartstrings,
on principle i know nothing. 

it's easier that way.
yes, i said it's easier that way.
your head's not rushing,
your heart's not broken,
your blood is flowing,
leave tomorrow, take today.

a cool breeze blows  through the screen door,
cool memories blow over me 
it's kind of soothing, kind of moving,
it reassures me summertime ain't always scorching heat.

yeah follow my lead, bare your heart strings
leave tomorrow, take today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment