Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One of my favorite "month" poems

A March Rumination 
I'll play to your sensibilities--
The good, the bad, the indifferent,
and ones you didn't know you had.
I'll play to your sensibilities.
So, if you're ready follow me.


We shared the sun and held the moon.
We moved too fast and fell too soon;
Stunted growth before full bloom.
I'll always love the month of June,
And thank my God it brought me you.

Thank you for long talks and dog walks under lights.
For teaching me of the shallowness and depth within this life.
Thank you.
Thank you for kissing me with poisoned lips,
For your caress with razor blades as finger tips.
Thank you.

For everything you did and do…
Thank you.

Break me once it's shame one you,
Break me twice, I'm to blame too.
A third time is heresy.
I'll take it all, it's all on me.
You didn't commit a cardinal sin
I did that when I let you in 
and refused to let you out.

As long as I held on,
I held myself in place.
So, it was with willful concentration,
And a facing consternation 
That I pulled the trigger.

I shot myself and woke up alive.
Destroyed  twice, but I survived.
Like a phoenix I revived and am on my way
to brighter days and much higher flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment