Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This was written in a time when I had just started being really honest in my writing.

Life Is Like A Box of Chocolates, But October's Not Like Ice Cream
I'm just a boy who's in love with a girl.
You're just a girl who doesn't love this boy.
But I paint a smile on my lips,
Ignore the knife in my heart,
And I will not deny,
Not knowing is the hardest part.

I don't know--anything.
I can't say--what we mean.
All I've got is paper thin reasoning
On why we should be
More.

We're both here in a relatively similar fashion,
With relatively similar points of view.
Whether or not, 
You call it true,
Love is love is love and I 
Believe you believe it too.
Even if it's not the same.

Pretty girl (you don't think so)
You know me (but I don't know)
You want me (for what, God knows)
So, I'm here (so the story goes)

You've painted red and blue and grey
The past, your dreams, and future schemes.
And I agree.
But I can't stand it.

Yet. It's real.
And life isn't always an ice cream sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment