Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I love my best friend so much.

An April Realization: Ghosts Don't Live In Graveyards
Your face lit up the room,
So glad I could bring that smile to you.
An embrace with eyes, then arms,
And the show on stage was just a prelude to

When our hearts lit up the night,
I said "Look at the moon"; you said "It's so bright."
I wrapped my jacket around you and your bare arms
In the cemetery where we were all alone, not another soul.

In the cool spring air
Night gives way to... 

An early April morning
Long before the sun is up,
Dancing slowly to the song of birds in trees.
Measuring each breath taken
Feeling my heart in my chest
Our bodies speaking volumes before a word's been said.

When time catches up with us
We've got some explaining to do.
But it doesn't matter much
No, it doesn't really matter much at all.

We're here,
And we're now.
And we've crossed a line or two.
So let's cross some more,
Because best friends means
There's nothing we can't do
.

No comments:

Post a Comment