Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Man, I had it BAD.

I Guess Who You are Doesn't Matter To Me
Sir, I don't like you, but it isn't your fault, so relax.
I hope only that you are not him all over again.
However if you are, I'd ask you only to not break her heart with such candor.
Be subtle and soft, or better yet, not at all.

I'm being allowed in, I'm being allowed to know a bit of the inner workings, again.
I'm not so sure that I like where I am, or what I see, or how I am seen,
No, I'm not sure at all.
But things could be so much worse.
I could still be just a distant shadow of a pleasant memory,
Only slightly less painful than being a pleasant shadow of a distant memory,
But now I'm speculating...

These reckless speculations that lead questions through queries and queries on through unresolved situations of the heart-
Stubborness played out in a fashion familiar to me, because insistant and ever my system, it seems.
A system that strengthens and weakens and keeps me exactly the same.
A system that strengthens and weakens and keeps me...

Sir, I don't like you, but it isn't your fault, so relax.
Be subtle and soft, or better yet, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment